Thanks Dustin Gooch for such an amazing video!
Junior 2: Intermediate - Advanced (2-week)
The 2-week camp is an advanced musical theatre program. Campers take classes in voice, dance and acting. The classes are designed for students who seriously want to grow in these areas. In comparison to the 1-week camp, these campers are given more advanced material and follow a more structured class and rehearsal schedule.
Sunday June 16 — Saturday June 29, 2013
Showcase: Saturday June 29, 1pm
- Improve placement, diction, interpretation, and performance skills.
- Develop tone, breath control, and relaxation.
- Enhance confidence while singing.
- Improve coördination, strength, flexibility, and performance skills.
- Develop confidence, style, and grace.
- Enhance joy for dance in multiple forms, specifically as it relates to musical theatre.
- Improve diction, projection, physicality, spontaneity, and connecting to a character.
- Develop sensory awareness and personal creativity.
- Enhance confidence, teamwork, problem solving skills.
Rehearsals are extremely product driven with the showcase as the final goal. Campers learn several song and dance numbers as a whole group. Solos, duets and trios are assigned throughout the camp. Campers work together for two weeks learning, growing, and supporting each other through their final bows.
How to apply:
Applications are due by May 1st. We use a rolling admission system. We will notify you of your acceptance within three weeks of your submission.
Steps to Apply:
2. Email the following to email@example.com. Please email everything at once.
- Headshot/Current Photo and Resume (if you have trouble uploading them in the online form). Resume should include all previous theatrical experience including performance and training.
- The link to your video submission (see below for details).
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher (school, dance class, voice lessons, etc.)
Submit a Video using the following guidelines:
Audition must be uploaded to youtube. Email your link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TAPJr2_[your first and last name].”
Include one or more of the following, with each portion under two minutes in length. (1) A dance combination from a recital (2) A video of a floor combination typically done in one of your dance classes (3) An acting monologue from a play or musical (4) A song performance from musical theatre literature. Use an accompaniment tape or a live accompanist. A capella is strongly discouraged.
Saturday May 1– Deadline for Applications
Sunday, June 16 — First Day of Camp
1pm-2pm: Check In
2:15pm-2:45pm: Parent Orientation
2:45pm-6pm: Camper Orientation
6pm-7pm: Dinner (first meal served)
7pm-9pm: Camper Activity
9:30pm: Lights Out
Saturday, June 29 — Last Day of Camp
1pm-2pm: Final Showcase
2pm-3pm: Reception & Check-Out